Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

{phfr}


~capturing the context of everyday life~

{pretty}


Our week was filled with coughs and sniffles, but my Valentine brought home some cheer.  Hubby surprised me with beautiful roses, and the boys gave me the sweet yellow and purple bouquet .  





{happy}




The team celebrating after a well-deserved victory.   Way to go, boys!




{funny}

Little man had his first ever baseball practice, and didn't know how to run the bases.   On his turn, he always ran straight to second or third, skipping first base altogether.   Coach was very patient, and ran the bases with Spitfire until he got the hang of it.




{real}

We've had a major problem corralling the school papers and supplies.   The boys usually do their homework at the kitchen table, so its not uncommon for piles of papers to take over precious counter space.   This week I created a homework center so everything has a place.


After searching the house, I found an old photo box, some cardboard, and duct tape that I finagled into a vertical organizer.   I taped everything together and covered it with scrapbook paper.  
There is a compartment in front to hold the reading book for the week, and a part in the back that holds a folder for all of the homework we are working on.
I separated the supplies and put them in a mini-organizer that I wasn't using.   It's not pretty, but it has worked so far!   On the sides I keep notebook paper, workbooks and coloring books.    The drawer holds flashcards and manipulative.    Having a trash can in plain sight isn't attractive, but has helped dramatically in getting the kids to clean up their mess.  

round button chicken

2 comments: